UX Designer II - League, Merchant Guild
As a User Experience Designer II on the Player Immersion and Expression (PIE) initiative of League of Legends, you'll work with other developers to create engaging experiences for League's skins, events, store, and other customization content. You will use a combination of human-centered and game design principles and work from concept through production to guarantee a high-quality product. You would report to the PIE Design lead.
- Contribute to a variety of UX projects including the League store, content collection, player and champion customization, event meta-game systems, and new content types
- Produce wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, and presentations to validate opportunities
- Work with game design and ecommerce in developing systems that create delightful interactions with League's content and systems
- Work with artists to create high fantasy experiences and push League's visual design language forward
- Put the "Player Experience First" and empower players to control their own experiences with League's content and event systems
- Manage UX quality for features from start to finish
- 3+ years of experience designing digital experiences as a User Experience, Interaction, or Product Designer
- Experience with gaming designs and patterns
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, or other design and prototyping tools
- Build relationships with non-design disciplines to multiply their quality and output
- Clear documentation and requirement writing skills
- Experience designing game controls, interfaces, and systems
- Familiarity with LoL gameplay design and UX principles
- Understanding of animations, motion graphics, and VFX as tools to communicate importance
- Background in UX research
- Experience facilitating design workshops and sprints
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.