(Closed) Technical Producer
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling.
Technical Producer play a very unique and important role in supporting our features delivery including platform and game features. We’re looking for someone with very broad technology knowledge and also had hands-on experience of delivering software/service. Your technical knowledge could include Operating system, Database, backend service architecture, client software framework, hardware specs, and networking. Using this knowledge you will work with various Riot teams and our partner Tencent to deliver features to our players in China.
As Technical Producer in Tencent Technology Collaboration Group, you’ll be embedded in China game product teams to deliver value to players in China. This includes working with central dev teams to understand the technology/architecture for all services and features we plan to release; You’ll optimize and drive the delivering process with our partner Tencent to ensure smooth landing of features in China; You’ll also drive and facilitate any technical discussion between Riot teams and Tencent Teams to achieve mutual understanding.
Tencent Technology Collaboration Group(TTCG) is a Team within Team China Tech(TCT). TTCG is majorly responsible in two goals:
- We’re working with China game production teams to ship platform/game features to players in China. It requires us to understand all the tech details of the system and working very closely with our partner Tencent to land the feature within schedule.
- We bridge technical communication between Tencent and Riot teams to enhance technology collaboration.
- Align highly autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap
- Manage and track development schedules, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs
- Implement agile work systems to ensure successful and sustainable product delivery
- Create transparency and predictability via roadmaps, planning, and stakeholder management
- Drive consensus on technical decisions, and ensure teams are staffed for high-quality results
- Continually improve the scalability and repeatability of Riot’s delivery pipeline to Tencent
- 3+ years experience managing technical projects, through the full software lifecycle
- Bachelors in CS, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Business fluency in Chinese and English, and can drive effective collaboration across language and culture
- Broad technical understanding of common operational and development challenges
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience shipping games to China and/or collaborating with Tencent
- Experience working with distributed teams + facilitating effective virtual meetings
- Excellent knowledge of Agile work systems (Kanban, Scrum, …)
- Demonstrated ability to manage project/task prioritization, and development schedules
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).