(Closed) Technical Artist (Rigging) - League of Legends (Contract)
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an important driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers, to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
The mission of Technical Art on League of Legends is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a content focused Rigging Technical Artist, you’ll dive deep on rigging Characters, creatures, and props and working closely with artists of all disciplines for creating game art assets. You will be an expert at working with the front end for the game engine, assisting artists in modeling, animation, and vfx. You will work with our QA Teams to squash bugs, participate in play tests, and ensure the holistic quality of art assets used in the game.
- Rig characters, creatures, and props, working closely with animators to achieve engaging in game performance.
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using
- Proactively promote collaboration between art teams to level up content synergy and consistency
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Consistently give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- 3+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in content creation tools, particularly Maya
- Strong understanding of figure and facial anatomy
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between various art disciplines and software engineering
- Superb critical thinking skills
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- Proficient Python programmer
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).