Technical Artist II - WR, CAKE, Skins & Turntables
The mission of Technical Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, assets, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Tools & Pipeline Technical Artist II on the Wild Rift team, you will focus on defining and building the tools and tech that get our art assets into the game. This will involve building pipelines and workflows for DCC (Digital Content Creation) software, working with engineering in the design of our in-house tools, and consulting with art to discover the best possible solutions to the challenges we face. You will report into the Tech Art Director.
- Support and level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines and partners, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools for disciplines such as Character Art, Animation, Environment Art, and VFX
- Work with the Tech Art Director and production to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for your product
- 2+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience in game development using modern game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience in content creation and tool development in DCC tools (Maya, Photoshop, etc;.)
- Familiarity with Python and front end development (PyQt/PySide)
- Experience with Version Control API
- Experience in data visualization
- Mandarin Fluency
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).