Technical Art Tools & Pipeline Intern - League of Legends
As Tech Artist, Tools/Pipeline team you’ll help breathe life into the League of Legends universe and other Riot Games content. You’ll employ your expert-level knowledge of 3D tools and problem-solving skills to build tools, maintain pipelines and provide technical support for artists on their most critical missions.
- Jump into any art pipeline, whether it’s environment, character or other artistic discipline, to help maintain, manage, build and support the team’s 3D tools
- Coordinate, execute and help drive the art team’s most demanding and critical projects forward
- Become a liaison between art teams and various stakeholders to provide support for interdisciplinary efforts
- Interface with key stakeholders and team leads when assessing and completing tasks
- Help promote strategic visions for projects
- Use your skills as a 3D generalist to improve, maintain and provide support for every art tool available
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Coding experience in Python, MEL, C# or C++
- Understanding of Maya, Photoshop and 3D engines
- Experience in Unreal 4, including Blueprint
- Experience writing tools to support artists’ needs within a development pipeline
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PT
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.