Strategic Finance III - Central Tech Leadership, Infrastructure Platform
As the Strategic Finance expert focused on infrastructure, you’ll report directly to the leader of Finance within Central Tech, covering the largest single org within Central Tech - Infrastructure Platform (IP). You will partner with the leadership team of IP to build relevant strategic and financial plans, monitor performance against plans, and implement improvements to financial processes and systems to support better decision making. Your financial craft expertise, coupled with an understanding of technology, will help you work with and impact all game teams across Riot as you improve the reporting, understanding and management of infrastructure costs, which can make or break a live game’s financial performance.
- Work closely with the IP Leadership team to support decision-making and align on strategic and financial priorities
- Lead budgeting and financial forecasting for IP as part of Riot’s strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process, and monitor and report on performance against plans
- Work with various technology leaders to understand and improve the financial impact of key deals and decisions, such as vendor selection, Build vs. Buy and outsourcing
- Incrementally improve cost allocation methodologies for infrastructure costs, and get buy-in by explaining these costs to a non-technical audience and by managing relationships with receiving teams
- Collaborate with vendors and professional service providers to execute on projects such as cost benchmarking and defining cost attribution processes when onboarding new solutions
- Partner with central Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting and Purchasing functions to service IP needs, while also helping these teams keep Riot within compliance of international rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years (or 4+ years with an MBA) of professional experience in Finance, Consulting, Strategic Planning or other related experience with significant exposure to financial analysis, modeling and planning
- 4+ years of experience assessing business decisions using a financial lens
- Experience supporting/working with Director+ level stakeholders
- Knowledge of financial systems for planning and reporting
- A deep desire and total lack of fear when it comes to learning the ins and outs of highly complex technology
- Understanding of key technological solutions and concepts such as cloud, servers, connectivity and data pipelines and how they can impact player experience
- Experience with identifying cost drivers, especially in technical settings, and developing cost allocation methodologies
- Experience with budgeting for cost centers that have complex interrelationships with other budgets
- Knowledge of tools that can automate and simplify financial data analysis and visualization (examples include VBA, SQL, R, Alteryx, Tableau, Looker)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).