Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Content Access Hub
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Content Access Hub team on Player Platform, you will help build and deploy world-wide distributed compute systems for one of the largest gaming systems, which impacts global players and their gaming experience. You will also ensure all components of the system are extensible, highly available, highly scalable, sustainable, and maintainable. You will lead by example and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of exemplary engineering.
The Riot CAH team provides globally distributed services that help solve the problem of managing inventory and acquiring virtual content for Riot Games products at a massive scale.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Content Access Hub team.
- Building distributed compute platform to run gaming as a service for all our games at Riot
- Building systems effectively to manage operations (world-wide software deployment mechanisms) using CI/CD methods
- Developing highly available, and durable services
- Improving availability of global scale distributed computing systems, metrics, and alarms
- Mentor and guide other Rioters
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around implemented solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Deep experience with Java, RESTful services, distributed systems, and Object-oriented programming
- Experience with cloud services and how to deploy service within it
- Experience working with RDBMS, preferably MySQL
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Previous exposure to container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience mentoring and leading others
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).