Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer on Project L, our new fighting game, to work on build and deployment infrastructure! You will work on a variety of projects which include CI / CD pipeline, Cloud deployment, and general studio support. As we grow, you will lead a team of engineers in the technical direction, implementation of the product, and their professional development. You will report to the Engineering Manager of Project L’s BuRST team.
- Contribute to the overall technical architecture planning of Project L
- Design, build, and deliver internet scale backend services for a genre-defining game we will deliver globally to millions of people
- Collaborate with central technology and infrastructure teams to consume and contribute to the Riot platform
- Build features to improve server reliability and performance
- Build and support live services for the game
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS
- Mentor more junior engineers on the team
- Collaborate effectively with art, design, and other disciplines within game development
- 6+ years of experience building large scale backend systems or game services
- Experience developing large distributed systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with one or more service programing languages
- Experience working on a global scale online game or consumer product
- Experience with cloud computing and cloud technologies such as Terraform, Ansible and Kubernetes
- Experience Golang, C++, Python
- Experience with build pipelines including Jenkins
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).