Staff Software Engineer III, Technical Lead - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer in R&D, you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new game! You will keep the players' experience in mind as you develop and prioritize the long term technical plan for one of our new games. You will also implement features and work collaboratively with other engineers and cross discipline leaders to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will aid the project by both architecting and being hands-on writing code. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Partner closely with the Product Engineering Lead to cultivate and model an environment of learning, exploration and tech excellence.
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of strategically important systems
- Own the technical build, release, and deployment processes of the product
- Provide guidance to engineering team members while establishing and championing alignment around technical initiative areas
- Ensure the team adheres to tech excellence, code maintainability, quality, and documentation standards
- Coordinate with technical leaders across Riot Games to utilize and contribute to existing platform infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with team leadership to help realize the overall vision of the game
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 4+ years of C++, Java, and/or Golang experience
- Experience as a technical leader for a game team on a shipped product
- Familiarity working in an agile environment and balancing short-term needs with long-term game health and sustainability
- Experience mentoring other engineers and communicating technical concepts cross-discipline
- Experience shepherding technical implementation through all phases of development (pre-production, production, beta, post-launch)
- Experience working on a global scale SaaS game
- Experience supporting a live SaaS application
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience working on mobile and/or multi-platform games
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)