Staff Software Engineer, Global Esports Game & Broadcast
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer III, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Esports Game and Broadcast Features Team, you'll be on a team changing the way fans of our current and future esports watch and interact with the sport. We have only scratched the surface of what esports can be; the work that you do will directly affect the sustainability, story-telling and fan experience of our professional leagues. We are looking for someone who can bring a variety of experience to products that span across game and broadcast technologies.
You will be part of the Esports Digital team in Global Esports, reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
- Set your team's technical direction
- You will manage the team's process for delivering high-quality experiences to players, lifting the expertise and skills of people around you
- You will oversee the quality and maintainability of your team's code-base
- 7+ years of game industry experience or equivalent in Software Engineering
- Expertise in C++
- Have been responsible for driving the design and leading of development of large-sized efforts (6-month scope), including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
- Collaborative mindset and experience working with other disciplines
- Familiarity with game development engines such as Unity, Unreal, and/or Proprietary engines
- Familiarity with building game content tools and pipelines
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).