Staff Software Engineer - Core Infrastructure Team
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Core Infrastructure Team (CIT), you will work with a passionate team of software, network, systems, and infrastructure engineers. We combine our expertise to improve the way we store, process, and distribute data for League of Legends, while also paving the road for future games. You will report to an Engineering Manager.
As a part of CIT, you might be tasked with the creation and support of self-service APIs, simplifying and automating the deployment of fundamental services at scale, or designing the next generation of federated authentication. Your role would include creating solutions that allow developers to use our infrastructure easily. You will guide efforts involving constructing a global ecosystem to ship products safely, quickly, and sustainably. You'll also help develop the infrastructure, services, and tools that'll empower all of Riot Engineering to "level up." Additionally, as a Senior Software Engineer, you will also provide mentorship and technical guidance to more junior-level engineers.
- Create tools using Golang, Ruby and Python to monitor and fix issues, and create metrics and dashboards on a massive scale
- Optimize deployments, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure services such as network services and authentication
- Work with cloud service providers to automate tasks in our AWS regions(deployments, maintenance, orchestration)
- Write automation using tools like Ansible or Salt within a CI/CD framework
- Design, Build, and Integrate with multiple types of service APIs that are used to handle a range of services
- Guide and shape the strategy of infrastructure services across Riot
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 6+ years industry experience
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Coding experience using languages such as: Java, GoLang, C, C++, or Python
- Experience with development pipelines using docker, docker-compose, and Jenkins
- In-depth understanding of modern design patterns and paradigms, especially around API contracts, backend services that are reliable and scalable
- Proficient in basic networking and Linux troubleshooting methods and tools such as traceroute, free, lsof
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).