Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer working on VALORANT test infrastructure, you will design and build automated test frameworks for testing the VALORANT game client and server. You will work with numerous test environments, including VMs, emulators, physical PCs, phones, and consoles. You will also serve as the confluence point between partner teams, including QA engineers, device lab managers, product teams, and VALORANT devops.
You will report into the Engineering Manager on the VALORANT Build Systems team.
- Design, implement, and operate automated test frameworks for the VALORANT game client and server, integrating with available infrastructure (AWS, device labs, etc)
- Establish best practices for test automation across VALORANT and the role it plays in the development and release cycle
- Uphold code quality and implement sustainable operational practices for automated testing tools
- Mentor and coach other engineers through code and design reviews to build talent over the long term
- 5+ years of professional experience in C#, Java, or Python
- Experience leading and delivering a test automation project with a scope of at least 6 months
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment
- Willingness to jump into unfamiliar technologies and take on new challenges
- Experience mentoring fellow developers
- Experience working in game development
- Experience with automated testing on physical devices
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine development
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).