Staff QA Engineer (24-Month Contract) - Java Products
From Dublin, we provide engineering expertise not only for the whole of Europe, but also for all of Riot's worldwide player base. Most importantly, we focus on products and features that bring maximum awesomeness to our players.
We believe QA is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to accomplish their best work. Through fast iterations, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. We help Riot craft excellent experiences for players, globally.
As a QA Engineer at Riot you will report into the Director of Engineering, and be the champion of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to testing. You will collaborate to establish product quality approaches and test strategies. You will perform exploratory testing and risk analysis, build close relationships with internal and external partners, and deliver product health reports. You will help establish QA automation processes and tooling. You will use your past experience and personal relationship with games to guide your decision-making process.
- You will establish and implement team-level quality goals and best practices
- Improve quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
- Establish and communicate the metrics that matter, using data to guide action
- Mentor QA team members and share knowledge with the Quality Discipline at Riot
- Coordinate with other product team Quality Owners to maintain efficient cross-product test coverage
- Establish QA automation processes and tooling.
- Manage outsourced QA teams, overseeing and auditing test results
- Be an expert on the Voice of the Player in quality-related decisions
- 6+ years of QA testing experience in a software development environment
- You understand what it takes to grow a culture of quality across a product team
- Experience working with developers
- Experience with grey / black box testing methods
- Experience with automated testing, processes and tooling
- Experience tasking remote teams, and providing feedback on effectiveness
- Agile product development and testing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience
- Mobile hardware / software testing experience
- Knowledge of automated testing, and tools
- Preferred licenses and certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Unlimited paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together
Because together we are better. It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!