Sr Manager, Data - Riot Data Products, Cross Product
We are looking for a natural leader who can inspire scientists and engineers to create meaningful experiences that drive players' engagement and excitement within the Riot ecosystem. As the leader of Cross product vertical you and your team are responsible for building centralized data products that can integrate with our games, entertainment space, publishing and enterprise applications.
You will direct cross-functional teams to create innovative content and better experiences for players around the world. You'll take ownership of the multi-year planning and vision, driving projects across the finish line with a keen eye for potential opportunity and risk.
- Inspire and lead your team to deliver solutions that help optimize and guide our experience for players.
- Help set business strategy, vision and roadmap for your organization, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Ensure the data products are well tested and are well supported operationally
- Invest and mature the analytics problem space by building predictive models and launching them into production to help grow our business.
- Grow and expand your team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that span machine learning methods, data engineering, tooling and data products, and analytics.
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative.
- Lead strong partnerships with all business units along with all engineering teams.
- Serve as an evangelist for your team internally and externally.
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field with 6+ years of industry experience (including Postdoc), or equivalent experience (i.e., M.S. with 8+ years of relevant experience, or B.S. with 10+ years of relevant experience)
- Experience as a Senior Data Scientist/Senior Data Engineer or higher preferred
- 4+ years of management experience
- Ability to manage complex relationships in a matrix environment and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).