Software Engineering Manager - League of Legends
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in different domains. As an Engineering Manager of our biggest game, League of Legends, you’ll predominantly act as the key enabler of the engineering team and bridge the impact, with art. You’ll also serve as a mentor for multiple engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and performance.
As an Engineering Manager, you will report directly to the Studio Head of Engineering and will help determine our technical foundations while developing a team of 4-7 Software Engineers. You will work collaboratively with other disciplines to bring your engineering mindset in helping make better product decisions for players. You will directly work with the HR Business Partners to build a team of outstanding Engineers.
- Manage a group of 4-7 software engineers, coaching them in their personal development
- Collaborate with discipline, product, and office leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
- Champion your sourcing/hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
- Take an active part in delivering on the technical health of product
- Advocate for maintaining the technical foundation for the product
- Develop processes and methodologies to improve the effectiveness of cross-team collaboration with remote office.
- 7+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years as an Engineering Manager leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Experience recruiting candidates and growing an Engineering team
- Experience participating in technical discussions including code reviews, technical design reviews or creating new standards to improve the team
- Experience in game development using Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Desire to work collaboratively with your Engineering team on technical design and implementation
- Experience with scalable systems architecture and developing large, maintainable software systems
- Experience using your skills to meet the needs of the product, including leading small teams, coaching new leaders, or diving into the code as an individual contributor
- You promote an environment where individuals on the team feel included and are encouraged to contribute their perspectives to help the team make better decisions
- Passionate about gaming; You value player empathy as much as we do; never losing sight of the person who will use the software that you and your team build
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through influence rather than through authority
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.