Software Engineer - Player Platform, Game Agnostic Platform Services
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer on the Player Platform, Game Agnostic Platform Services team, you’ll help us build a suite of services that provides functionality that is commonly used in any game. By concentrating expertise in game platforms, we are able to offer robust, scalable features to all current and future Riot games. Game teams integrating with these offerings are then freed up to focus on content and features to delight our players.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Game Agnostic Platform Services team.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- Create and operate the microservices that enable features for all of Riot’s games
- Partner with product owners and technical leads to build and operate features end-to-end
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Invest in team’s complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience with Java, or Golang
- Experience with one of the following: micro-services architecture, client/service application architecture, API architecture and development
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
- Experience with CI/CD such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).