Software Engineer III, PXM (Unity/C#) - Legends of Runeterra
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a client-focused Software Engineer on the Legends of Runeterra PXM team, you’ll report to our Engineering Manager, and master your skills by building new features and experiences in Unity for our multi-platform digital CCG. You’ll be:
Player-Focused: You have player empathy, and you want to find solutions that make players excited to experience our game.
A Collaborator: You want to work elbow-to-elbow with your team members across all disciplines including Art, Audio, and Game Design. You are excited to see problems from a different point of view, and make hard tradeoffs to meet multiple goals.
Efficiency focused: Inefficiency bothers you, and you create well-oiled machines whenever you can.
Adaptable: You understand and are comfortable with switching gears between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
A Life Long Learner: You seek input, feedback and ask a lot of questions whenever you can. You want to build an understanding of the technology you work with.
- Help lead a Sprint Team that delivers code to players in a bi-weekly release schedule
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Build and modify new features in our Unity game client
- Design tools and processes to help Artists and Audio get their work into the game. This includes asset budgets.
- Collaborate on designs with Producers and Game Designers to create the best player experience
- Create standards to ensure quality code
- Mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in professional software development
- OO Development experience in C#, Java, C++, or other language
- Experience mentoring team members to level up their technical capabilities
- 2+ years working in a Game Engine (Unity, Unreal, or other/custom engine)
- Unity Experience
- Experience on a AAA Game Team
- Knowledge of shaders, performance tuning, and graphics optimization
- Mobile development experience
- UI/UX Experience (building game controls, client menus)
- Gameplay experience (tuning designs, from with playtest feedback)
- A love for competitive card games, digital or print
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).