Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of Esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer II, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As the Software Engineer III for the Development Quality Assurance Solutions team you will own the implementation of technical projects and products to serve various teams at Riot games. You will work with your team of software engineers, quality assurance professionals, developers, and project managers to create value for development teams and players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to help create products that support quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed
- Drives technical processes for their team and related teams. Works with team leadership to build, adopt, and implement processes as needed.
- Collaborates with the team to identify and adapt software requirements to achieve the intended user experience.
- Identifies emergent requirements during development and works with team leadership to prioritize against current work
- Understands interactions between different tools / frameworks; performs tradeoff analysis.
- Translates technical requirements into technical designs for the team. Socializes designs; parses & implements feedback.
- Selects appropriate coding techniques for the task at hand, weighing tradeoffs between options.
- Successfully leverages industry-standard tools, frameworks, and practices for their language(s) of choice.
- Writes performant and maintainable code with appropriate test coverage.
- Ensures software systems are appropriately documented, and that documentation is maintained.
- Participates in the on-call rotation to triage and resolve live incidents. Engages in RCAs and champions systemic fixes to reduce future player impact.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 2-3+ years leading other engineers in daily tasks
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC.
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).