Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Software Engineer II, Test in Global Player Support (GPS), you will make a direct and measurable impact on Riot's ability to protect the total player experience. GPS Platform powers our player support agent-facing tooling, internal Riot-facing tools, and player-facing self-service systems. If you enjoy solving complex technical challenges at scale, this is the role for you!
You will create innovative solutions to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our platform as it scales to high-volume traffic and multiple customer groups with their own unique requirements.
You will report to a Software Engineering Manager.
- Develop automated test frameworks and tools that exercise services the team develops.
- Develop telemetry tools and visibility mechanisms to determine the health of our services, which integrate with hundreds of services across Riot.
- Establish what quality automation looks like across our services and systems with testing, deployment (CI/CD), and monitoring.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to ensure the code developed accomplishes quality, modularity, and scalability.
- Own and improve the quality, maintainability, latency, and availability of your team's technology stack.
- Champion software best practices to other engineers through code reviews and technical design reviews.
- Work on a diverse, cross-functional team that contributes to the support and operations of multiple games.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience working with and implementing test automation frameworks and tooling.
- Experience championing software development best practices within your organization that includes reviews, standards, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Experience with microservice architecture and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Java and GraphQL.
- Experience using AWS and Docker.
- Experience working with and developing telemetry tooling and service health mechanisms.
- Experience leading the development of software projects focused on quality, scalability, and maintainability across multiple teams and services.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).