Developer Connections ensures that developers are free to innovate for players while not reinventing the wheel. It does this by building Riot-wide technologies and standards that optimize the entire software development lifecycle. We take poorly owned spaces and turn them into first class offerings. We work alongside engineers, artists, producers, security, and publishers to understand their day-to-day challenges and craft solutions to make their lives better in ways both big and small.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to DevCon’s UX efforts in two areas:
- Leading the Development of our Central Creative offerings that allow teams within Riot to easily and securely share digital assets and lore across the globe.
- Contributing to DevCon’s efforts to enhance how our customers interface with our back-end services that enable teams to deliver player experiences across various platforms.
In this role, you will work with your fellow engineers and product leaders to assess the technical needs of Riot’s creative and game teams and help deliver a solution to those needs. Your work will help drive a cohesive multi-platform experience that powers all of Riot’s products for players all across the world.
- Develop and support the Central Creative Library that enables teams at Riot to securely and easily share assets across the globe
- Develop and support the Riot’s internal Lore Archive that enables teams across Riot to cohesively craft player experiences in Riot’s ever-growing IP
- Partner with DevCon’s Product Owners to design and develop our customers’ interfaces into our suite of offerings
- Contribute to the development of our collection of backend services that enable teams to ship games across various platforms
- Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise
- Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in our on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience with CSS (and modern frameworks), and mapping design system requirements to CSS
- Experience with AWS features such as: EC2, Lambda, ElasticSearch
- Experience with some of the following: microservices architecture, client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
- Familiarity with AWS Serverless Architecture
- Familiarity with ttooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).