(Closed) Senior Visual Designer - Unpublished Fighting Game
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers, to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
Riot Visual Designers craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As the Senior Visual Designer for Project L you will help us build an exciting new fighting game featuring some of the most iconic characters in Runeterra. We need your help in producing assets of the highest quality for our players to immerse themselves in our world. You'll report to the Art Director and collaborate with other artists to establish the style of the games user interface. You'll also work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers, and together will give new, delightful experiences to our players.
- Shape UI/UX for the game, defining a direction that meets the creative goals and artistic direction of the project
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show an excellent grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and player behavior patterns
- Guide the planning of UI work, working with artists and designers to build on the creative vision
- Collaborate with art and game design to mock-up UX wireframes that meet the goals for player interaction and visual design
- Concept and create assets through each stage of development, taking ideas from concept to in-game implementation
- Use deep knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration to create seamless player experience
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Establish the quality bar for your discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC products including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).