Senior Technical Artist (Tools & Pipeline) - Creative & IP Development
The mission of Technical Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, assets, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Tools and Pipeline Technical Artist, you will focus on defining and building the tools and tech that get our art assets into the game. This will involve building pipelines and workflows for "DCC" (Digital Content Creation) software, collaborating with engineering in the design of our in-house tools, and consulting with art to discover the best possible solutions to the challenges we face.
As a Senior Tools and Pipeline Technical Artist in the IP Creative Tech Art group, you will report to the Creative & IP Development's (IP&C) Tech Art Director. You will start by working with one creative team, defining the blue sky vision and building pipelines and workflows to remove pain points and improve efficiency. From there, you will extend out to other teams as needs and requests arise, supporting the workflows of multiple teams as they enter production on the different products within the IP Creative group, making an impact across different disciplines and groups focused on building the League IP and universe.
- Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many creative disciplines and teams, such as Narrative, Comics, Music, Voices, and CG
- Develop content creation pipelines and tools for creative teams
- Support creatives working in our creative workflows and continue to improve the tools they are using
- Collaborate with production to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for creative teams
- Build close relationships with creatives and tech artists you work alongside with to understand their needs and provide leadership on tool and pipeline development
- Be an available mentor for other Technical Artists in their craft
- 5+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Experience in game development using modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Expertise in content creation and tool development in DCC tools, particularly Maya
- Proficient Python programmer
- Experience translating artistic requirements to sustainable workflow design
- Familiarity with web technologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.