Senior Software Engineer (Unity) - Legends of Runeterra
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technology, building creative and fresh solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide positive player value.
As a Senior Engineer on the Legends of Runeterra (LoR) team, you will be responsible for designing and building features in LoR’s Around-The-Game experience. This includes systems such as Social features and Game Modes.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers) to shape player experiences
- Give feedback to designers and artists on the technical tradeoffs of their designs
- Implement features in the Unity engine using C#
- Modify C# microservices to support Unity service calls for new features
- Write unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality code
- Deliver code to players in a bi-weekly release cadence
- Enable Artists and Designers to develop game content
- Code review the work of other Software Engineers on the team
- 6+ collective years professional experience across the following areas:
- Game Development
- Unity Development
- UI/UX Systems design and architecture
- Experience building Content Tools and Pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- Experience working closely with non-engineering collaborators to deliver value
- OO experience in C#, Java, or C++
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience with unit and integration testing of software
- Experience in building Unity games for cross platform
- Experience in building games that has frequent updates
- Experience in building games with a massive player base
- Experience in development automation using Python
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.