(Closed) Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead) - Wild Rift, Metagame Systems
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As the Technical Lead for the League of Legends: Wild Rift’s Metagame Systems team (for more info on Wild Rift click here!), you will report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will be accountable for the technical direction for these systems, which include feature areas such as login, match-making, pre-game selections, store, and social experiences. This is a global product, and you will lead efforts both here in LA and with our primary development partners across the globe. You will break apart tightly coupled systems to support cross-platform functionality and provide oversight for the development of new features. You will help the team balance trade-offs between reliability, functionality, development time, and codebase flexibility. At Riot, our tech leads are often called on to help with the last mile for a project by being hands-on writing code.
- Set the technical direction and standards for your team
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making
- Manage the team’s process for delivering high-quality experiences to players, lifting the expertise and skills of people around you
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be accountable for, the quality and maintainability of your team’s code-base
- Drive collaboration and alignment with various internal and globally dispersed teams
- Some amount of travel required (~1 week every 8 weeks)
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of Software and SRE principles to global-scale distributed systems
- Experience as a Technical Leader with the ability to set technical vision
- Experience building large-scale client/server UX with C#/Unity
- Expertise with one or more server-side development stacks (C/C++, C#, Java)
- Experience working on a SaaS game and the journey from production to ship
- Experience using decision-making frameworks, and an ability in communicating explicit trade-offs, especially in balancing the long-term strategies and short-term tactics
- Experience with Unity and mobile device games
- Experience shipping cross platform console games (XBox, PS, Switch)
- Mandarin language fluency would be great
- Working with globally dispersed engineering teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).