(Closed) Senior Software Engineer - Riot Data Products
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot Data Products (RDP) is an engineering team whose mission is to build solutions that equip Rioters with data technology that helps them to enhance the experience of players and Rioters. Our products range from data pipelines deployed globally that used to publish a million plus events per second into our data ecosystem all the way to single page web apps that guide essential processes inside of Riot and influences our ability to draw insights about Riot itself, our people, teams, and organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the RDP team, you will have the chance to affect how Riot uses data to improve the experience for players and Rioters. You'll help shape the technical vision, and lead development efforts to build robust and reliable data solutions and platforms that analyze petabytes of data and support thousands of global Rioters. Challenges will range from protecting player’s privacy, organizing and optimizing data warehouses using big data tools and cloud based servers, building a platform for ingesting data and serving real time analytics, or enabling product teams to run their services more efficiently. You'll bring your depth of expertise of working with large scale data to help us build efficient solutions, evangelize best practices, as well as provide mentorship to other engineers.
- Lead in design and implementation of new components and feature sets
- Provide and document reliable and cost-effective solutions in multiple problem spaces, including applications, deployment, and monitoring
- Be a bar-raiser for other engineers through teaching and mentoring
- Conduct code reviews for members in the team
- Collaborate with different teams across Riot to incorporate customer feedback and provide elegant solutions
- Be part of on-call rotation to help support the products
- Participate in interviews and hiring processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 8+ years experience in Java, Scala, or similar OO experience
- 5+ years experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Kafka
- 3+ years experience in Python and SQL
- Knowledge within a diverse set of public cloud technologies: AWS RDS, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, Google Cloud Big Query, Google Cloud Bigtable, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, processing, and validation
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environment
- Comfortable working at the Linux command line
- Experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow or Luigi
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).