Senior Software Engineer, Build & Release - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive build and automation technology and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on Build and Release within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of build and automation technology to aid delivery of an exciting new game. You will work in a team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to implement and maintain a pipeline for continuous delivery and automation tooling. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Build and maintain the CI/CD pipeline for the client, server, and tools of a brand new title
- Integrate with existing Riot shared pipeline and platform delivery tooling
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation of game asset validation
- Design and create tools to improve developer iteration time on mobile and console
- 4+ years of engineering configuration management experience
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Expertise with automated build systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with Groovy and one or more shell languages (e.g. bash, bat, powershell)
- Experience using and altering configuration for version control software (e.g. Perforce)
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Excellent debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Programming experience in C++ and Python
- Experience with Unreal Engine’s build and release pipeline
- Experience shipping a title on multiple platforms simultaneously
- Experience with Incredibuild or similar distributed build tools
- Experience with Artifactory or similar artifact repositories
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).