(Closed) Senior Producer - Unpublished R&D Product
As a Senior Producer at Riot focused on game development, you’ll lead a passionate, multi-discipline development team to create a genre-defining game for a global gaming audience. Leading engineers, artists, and game designers, you’ll inspire creativity, oversee development, guide the team through obstacles, and push projects past the finish line.
As a Senior Producer on the Research & Development team, you’ll report to the head of the Research & Development organization. On an R&D team, you’ll help concept, deliver and innovate the game at every stage of production. You’ll do all of this as part of a transformation of Riot’s R&D organization into a highly adaptable, efficient, and effective game development incubator that multiplies Riot’s ability to achieve player value.
- Holistically responsible for a game from prototype to pre-production, and potentially beyond, directing all aspects of game development
- Build a team of developers to accomplish the strategic vision of the project
- Ensure key game features and product choices further the strategic vision of the product
- Manage the team’s overall execution strategy, identifying critical path issues, removing roadblocks, and driving efficiency and accountability in execution
- Lead the team to excellence, while fostering a positive team culture and an environment that motivates developers to bring their best
- Develop an understanding of and empathy for our players which you’ll use to make player-focused decisions
- Create plans, reports, and updates that keep partners and customers informed about status, progress, risks, and considerations
- 8+ years of experience in a dynamic professional environment such as games, tech, entertainment/media, law, finance, consulting, medicine, advanced degree programs, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in either game design or production roles focused on product management with at least 3 of those years in an internal game development studio
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in product management and using prioritization schemes
- Experience building and leading cross-disciplinary teams responsible for games from concept to shipping
- Experience in early product ideation
- Advanced proficiency in a development discipline (engineering, design, or art)
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).