Our Payroll team is one of the core facets of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Rioters are compensated predictably, timely and accurately. We aim to design and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. Our discipline contains experts from fields like tax and treasury, travel and purchasing, FP&A, and more. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions, or upgrading our knowledge.
As a Senior Payroll Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager, Payroll, you will be an important member of the payroll team and will help build our payroll processes. You will have a natural curiosity and a deep desire to promote improvements and refine processes. You will excel in a hands-on role and have a deep desire to grow and always challenge how Payroll is performed.
- Process semimonthly multi-state payrolls for both exempt and non-exempt Rioters, including tracking time and attendance
- Audit data integrity between Workday and ADP to ensure both systems are in sync
- Work with Talent and business partners to ensure that all hours are recorded
- Perform an accurate month-end close process, including account reconciliations and recording appropriate accruals
- Ensure tax and withholding deductions for federal, state, local or other corporate taxes that affect payroll amounts are recorded
- Ensure an accurate payroll, including base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, 401(k), statutory and supplemental benefits are recorded in the proper period
- Process employee expense reimbursements and record related month-end accounting entries
- Ensure management of payroll related projects including year-end preparation, maintaining payroll records and documents, resolving payroll tax issues and supporting annual audits
- Ensure service excellence and exceed service expectations from our partners and the Rioters that we support
- Partner with 3rd party processing vendor to make sure payrolls are processed on time and meet company guidelines
- Partner with Talent to promote process and system improvement projects to refine and automate manual processes and workflows
- Partner with cross functional teams, including Talent, Global Mobility and Legal to promote the onboarding and payroll experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a Senior Payroll Analyst
- Multinational experience as a Senior Payroll Analyst in technology or entertainment
- Experience with Workday and ADP Workforce Now, including time tracking
- High proficiency in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, IF statements and other Excel functions)
- Experience working with employees at all levels, including senior management
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals and payroll standard methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus
- Experience in a lead role a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).