(Closed) Senior Network Engineer - Riot Direct
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Network Engineers at Riot are tasked with administration, implementation, and design of high performance networking systems to support our global player base. They eliminate the need for human interaction with infrastructure by automating deployments, orchestration, management of physical and cloud based networking devices. As a Network Engineer at Riot, you're knowledgeable in how and when to use automation frameworks like Ansible or Salt, you understand the basic concepts of software programming, and readily use code to create tools to make it easier for Rioters to ship code!
As a Network Engineer on Riot Direct you will report to the Engineering Manager of the team. You will maintain all aspects of our organization's global service network systems including software, hardware and respective provider services. You will administer and maintain network devices for LAN/WAN, providers, wireless, and telecommunications. Engineers on Riot Direct Analyze and troubleshoot network problems and recommend upgrades and changes. They work with IT Management to assess our current and futurenetwork needs. Riot Direct team members rely on extensive experience working in global network architectures and exercise knowledgeable expertise to plan and accomplish goals.
- Empower our developers to reach all players globally and provide them with high quality experiences.
- Secure our production infrastructure from external Internet-based threats together with our security partners inside Riot.
- Create transparent and secure products that abstract the lower infrastructure layers away and can be consumed programmatically.
- Measure and proactively respond to production performance problems.
- Guide Riot on Internet industry best practices, problems, and continuing developments. Have infrastructure ready for use at all times.
- Lift the veil on consumption and cost so our customers can execute with data on the cost to Riot
- 10+ years professional experience in network engineering or software engineering
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP Protocol Stack
- Knowledge of IP networking: routing, switching, and network standards from layer 1 on up through transport and applications layers.
- Extensive understanding of routing protocols, MPLS, L2/L3 VPN, OSPF, RIP, IS-IS and BGP
- Fundamental understanding of CDN, DNS, Anycast and traffic engineering
- Configuring peering, LACP, aggregation, LLDP, Configuring ACLs, import export policies.
- Deep understanding of Internet transit and peering relationships
- Proficiency in multiple hardware vendor syntax including Juniper, Arista, Force10, Cisco.
- Experience with overseeing and maintaining Juniper MX480’s, MX240’s, Nokia Alcatel routers, mitigation appliances like Arbor and A10s. ,
- Coding or scripting skills (GoLang, C, Python or Ruby)
- Knowledge of IPv6 design, migration and operation
- Experience with Cisco Service Provider and Juniper Provider (SP) platforms (SRX, MX, JSA, GSR, CRS, ASR9k, ASR1k, NCS5500)
- (HSRP, Spanning Tree Protocol or VLan trunking)
- Experience working for an ISP or Telecomm company.
- Technical writing discipline
- Project management methodologies and techniques
- Deep understanding of L3 MPLS VPN Tunnels, and IPSec based VPN Technologies
- Deep understanding of L3 Internet DMVPN technologies
- Deep understanding of Layer 2 Switching Products / Technology
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.