Senior Manager, Localization Technology
Program Leaders at Riot combine technical experience with cross-organizational program leadership capabilities to allow Riot to bring essential products and support systems to players. You will sit at the intersection of complex technical puzzles, product strategy, operations, and leadership.
Reporting to the Director of Global Localization, you will join the Global Localization team and lead the Technology pillar focused on delivering seamless and scalable Localization tools & services for all of Riot. You will support multiple senior stakeholder interactions across Game Studios, Entertainment, Worldwide Publishing, and Esports.
As a Senior Manager, Program Management for the Localization Technology team, you are inspired by new technologies and problems they can solve for the business and our customers. You will lead the Technology pillar of Localization focused on providing scalable and effective tools for Global Localization (including external vendors), Game Studios, Entertainment, Esports and Publishing. You understand how the needs of our customers, the direction of the business, the health of the team connect to the product outcomes. Your program management experience and deep empathy for customer needs will set new standards of excellence across Localization.
- Ensure Loc Technology is strategically positioned to support our goals.
- Manage Loc Technology software development group including Engineering, Product, QA & UX branches.
- Oversee the Loc Technology pillar through evaluation of needs, roadmap creation, definition of team structure, implementation of KPIs and prioritization of investments across a portfolio of organizational needs.
- Support Loc Technology group by working collaboratively with technical, delivery, quality, UX leads.
- Articulate the overall Loc Technology Strategy by aggregating Product, UX, Engineering components.
- Help navigate complex customer and stakeholder interactions from team to Sr. leadership level.
- Design the team composition and foster an environment of inclusion to ensure sustainability and long-term group health.
- Promote collaborative relationships between Loc Technology, business customers, and other Localization pillars to foster a One Team Mindset.
- Mentor Loc Technology craft leaders, helping develop career paths with them to meet their and organizational goals.
- Ensure that the team has the right systems in place to facilitate cross-organizational collaboration.
- Ensure what we are building is serving our long-term business and customer goals.
- 5+ years of people management experience (Manager, Sr. Manager, or Director level).
- 7+ years of technical program/project management experience leading empowered, agile technical teams, to accomplish customer-facing outcomes.
- Experience with continuous development and deployments of large-scale systems.
- Strategic vision experience including comprehensive strategy and stakeholder management at all levels.
- Expertise in program management, prioritization, and P&L ownership.
- Experienced in technical vendor management and negotiation.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or related technical field.
- Experience with Localization Engineering and technologies.
- Experience with standing up and managing large-scale tech infrastructures.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Experience building and scaling internal tooling for Games and around game services.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.