Senior Manager, Brand Management Esports & Entertainment
As Sr Manager, Brand Management you will oversee the holistic EMEA brand narrative and overall go to market strategy for several properties within Riot's Esports and Entertainment portfolio, capturing the imagination of our EMEA audience, and bringing the next generation of players/viewers to our games, broadcasts and entertainment experiences.
You will lead brand marketing teams across the titles and region, in addition to a team of strategic marketing partners like creative, community and channel strategy. You will be part of the global brand management team esports and entertainment, working with the other regions' and the global esports and entertainment leaders working side by side with Riot's Genre leads, esports, entertainment and global marketing partners. You will set the direction of the esports and entertainment brand marketing strategy for several titles/products/properties alongside your colleagues in the brand management team within a growing and evolving set of player facing goals.
Marketing leadership at Riot Games uses insights and experience with brand strategy and management to establish and inspire others with a clear vision for products/experiences, while guiding teams towards delivering incredible levels of player focus in EMEA.
You will report to the Director of Brand Management, EMEA.
The role is based in Reading, Berkshire.
- Develop unique product marketing strategies (including vision, goals, roadmap, and prioritization) for several products and platforms
- Provide marketing insight and guidance to the EMEA brand teams, advocating for the results of publishing activity
- Ensure that all marketing programs are aligned with the product/brand leads goals, target audience, and core brand strategy for the product and in consideration of the portfolio
- Guide successful execution of campaign and initiative development within the team - ensuring outstanding creative experiences that improve standards for marketing across the industry
- Set top-level goals and key results for game/esports/entertainment marketing efforts, work with partner teams to develop measurement plans, guide marketing research, and enhance the team's collective knowledge of our future audience and landscape
- Be the liaison between the global marketing and product teams and Riot's regional publishing organization - promoting successful outcomes through close collaboration and partnership
- Represent EMEA in global product strategy and SMEs groups
- Be a partner in product strategy; advise on market potential, pricing, distribution channels, and launch sequencing for all products within the title set
- You will mentor and provide growth opportunities to the team, and collaboratively bring together leadership across departments
- Maintain seamless integration with the product and esports teams maintaining clear and consistent communication strategy that surprises and delights players and viewers at every turn within our ecosystem
- 7+ years of experience leading successful brand teams in the video game, technology, broadcast/streaming or entertainment industry, throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product or experience
- 5+ years of experience working across departments and working with executive management
- Good knowledge of marketing disciplines and building cohesive campaign strategy and plans
- 2 years minimum people management experience
- Good understanding of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities.
- Passion for esports - watching, supporting and championing!
- You are up to date with the gaming and entertainment industry's newest trends and technologies
- Experience working directly with creative, community, and channel-focused leaders
- Experience with marketing esports products based on successful game brands
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical and dental insurance
- Open paid time off
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Travel Allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!