Senior Environment Artist - VALORANT
As part of the Environment Art team, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling environments. Working closely with designers and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that enhance the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design will help build fantastic new worlds for our players to explore.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter. As a Senior 3D Environment Artist on the VALORANT team, you will report to the Manager of 3D Environment Art and will help create the handcrafted visual style of the project. Additionally, you will find the right balance between creating a beautiful world and its gameplay. You’ll also help to oversee the creation of the project’s environments through modeling, sculpting, texturing, and lighting.
- Create the look/feel of 3D assets ranging from hard surface structures to organic foliage
- Influence asset creation pipeline with your understanding of optimized low poly asset creation such as modular kits to take into account efficiency, speed, and cross dependencies
- Work with various materials from hand-painted diffuse to PBR workflows
- Work on lighting for various environments
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are optimized and performant
- Serve as a mentor to more junior environment artists on the team
- 5+ years of professional experience as an environment artist
- Professional experience working in stylized art styles
- Professional experience working in Maya, Photoshop, and Z-Brush
- Professional experience working in Unreal engine
- Strong understanding of Substance and PBR workflows
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).