(Closed) Senior Development Manager - League, Sustainability
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and provide the solution that our audience needs.
Senior Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we consistently focus on improvement. Senior Development Managers offer strong leadership and mentorship to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As the Senior Development Manager (Initiative Delivery Lead) for League's Sustainability Initiative, you will report into the Operations Director. In your role leading this Initiative, you will focus on creating and refining sustainable development processes that enable League of Legends to create a reliable and sustainable experience for League players and developers. You will oversee delivery of features and services across multiple teams. You'll work with and mentor Development Managers of product development teams. You will mentor teams on the initiative and the initiative leadership team to ensure the commitments we make are delivered successfully. You will also dive directly in to solve important or complex production problems and deliver complex projects that require hands-on attention. You will also lead production staff across the initiative, ensuring that teams have what’s needed to deliver against strategic priorities.
- Ensure teams make clear commitments and accomplish them
- Troubleshoot delivery risks for teams by reviewing release plans and team roadmaps, while looking for optimizations
- Own the initiative work system for teams (rituals, tracking, reporting, and partner management) and Leadership work system (initiative has goals, action items are tracked/resolved, roles and responsibilities are defined, etc.)
- Provide Delivery leadership on ad hoc projects as needed, including outside Initiative projects such as Tentpole moments
- Ensure teams are working sustainably and have long-term team and game health in mind
- Manage the DMs on the initiative while providing mentorship and cross-initiative LoL production support through the broader IDL group
- Ensuring teams are learning and improving (RCA process, bug triage, etc.)
- Ensuring teams are staffed efficiently and funded appropriately
- Be the primary contact for the Release team, Localization, and supporting teams
- Manage the teams' space with proactive planning and ensuring we use space efficiently
- Coordinate initiative-wide events such as townhalls and celebrations
- Advocate, and speak to, the product direction set by the Initiative's product partner
- Responsible for the successful release of each League patch’s content of each team in the initiative
- 5 years experience in a delivery role leading multi-discipline development teams to ship complex software using agile methodologies
- Experience shipping live products in a delivery leadership role
- Experience in mentorship or coaching
- People Management experience
- Game Production experience
- Technical Development experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).