Senior Corporate Development Manager
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Senior Corporate Development Manager
The Corporate Development team strives to advance Riot’s core objectives via partnerships, investments, and acquisitions. We conduct research, evaluate games and businesses, conduct due diligence, negotiate deals and manage a portfolio of investments in game studios and gaming technology companies. Recent deals include Riot’s investment in Mainframe Industries as well as the acquisition of Hypixel Studios.
As a Senior Corporate Development Manager you will work to help Riot better understand investment and acquisition opportunities in specific genres and technology sectors, facilitate interaction between portfolio companies and relevant subject matter experts throughout Riot, and meet with external companies and investors.
You will also contribute to Riot’s commitment to mature the broader gaming ecosystem, with a focus on identifying and supporting underrepresented founders.
- Leveraging Riot’s strategic objectives, you will identify, recommend, and pursue relevant opportunities that can meet those partnership, .investment and acquisition objectives
- Conduct research reports on genres and business models of interest
- Assist/lead on investments and acquisitions – including research, evaluation, recommendation, due diligence, deal negotiations and post-deal integration
- Assist/lead in management of Riot’s portfolio of investments and acquisitions
- Assist/lead in developing presentation materials for Riot’s executive team and the board
- Support the efforts of Riot’s Underrepresented Founders program by identifying and communicating with founders, planning workshops, and coordinating funding
- Originate deals through your own growing network of founders and investors
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ yrs of related working experience
- Experience in venture capital, investment banking, game development/publishing, management consulting and/or corporate development roles
- Experience preparing written reports for an executive audience is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Skilled in deal evaluation and financial modeling
- Experience working with/on product development teams in the tech industry
- Existing network of game developers, founders, and startups
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).