Senior Brand Manager, Esports
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Brand Manager, Esports for Southeast Asia, you will promote our Esports products across SEA in order to make our teams, players and the fans who love them, FAMOUS. Your keen eye and understanding of fan insights will drive unique, bespoke and SEA-centric marketing campaigns to increase viewership. You will clarify what excites our esports players and fans, and help Riot give them more of what they want. To bring this dream into reality, you will partner with agencies, external partners and internal stakeholders from all across the globe. You'll bring engaging experiences to players in SEA and define and evolve the Riot SEA esports brand.
You will report to the Head of Esports, SEA to align your marketing strategy with our overall esports strategy for the whole region.
Based in Singapore, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games SEA is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Create and execute the marketing strategies for all of our esports products (Wild Rift, VALORANT, League of Legends PC) in the SEA Region
- Establish and use KPIs to help us hand-craft marketing solutions that delight players
- Cooperate with 3rd party licensees to gain scale and local market insight to deliver bespoke marketing experiences to our fans
- Guide global stakeholders on local market nuances to ensure that Riot esports products feel tailored to SEA players
- Coordinate between partners and Riot stakeholders (esports, marketing, game teams) towards a shared marketing and brand vision and roadmap
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry.
- Manage vendors and contractors to make Riot Esports category leaders in SEA based upon viewership and advocacy metrics
- Extensive experience in game or esports marketing management
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience setting a clear strategic vision and translate that vision into a cohesive portfolio of competitive products;
- Regional experience working across different countries/markets within Southeast Asia, including an understanding of general cultural and localization differences.
- Strong knowledge of the SEA esports industry, MMOBA or FPS esports categories
- Experience negotiating deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus AD&D are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games. For this position, full relocation support is provided, phone bill coverage and you will also be able to enjoy a monthly food allowance.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.