Senior 3D Environment Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
As part of the Environment Art team, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling environments. Working within both design and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that enhance the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design will help build fantastic new worlds for our players to explore. As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members to raise the quality bar and game developer knowledge.
As a Senior 3D Environment Artist on the Research & Development team, you will help create the handcrafted visual style of an upcoming project and will provide visual clarity through your environment assets. You will find the right balance between creating a beautiful world and its gameplay. You will also oversee the environment's creation including modeling, sculpting, texturing, and lighting. You will report directly to the Art Director.
- Help guide the look and feel of 3D environment assets ranging from hard surface structures to organic foliage
- Influence asset creation pipeline with your understanding of optimized low poly asset creation such as modular kits to take into account efficiency, speed, and cross dependencies
- Work with various materials from hand painted diffuse to PBR workflows
- Light environments using modern technologies
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are performant
- Guide and mentor members of the team
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a 3D Environment Artist
- Professional experience working in stylized art styles
- Professional experience working in Maya, Photoshop, and Z-Brush
- Professional experience working in Unreal
- Strong understanding of Substance and PBR workflows
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.