(Closed) Security Engineering Manager - Information Security
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of Esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Security Engineers and Analysts at Riot are experts in monitoring, prevention, and detection of security threats. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop game security capabilities which help protect the competitive experience. We relish the chance to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
As a Security Engineering Manager within Information Security (InfoSec) you will lead a team that analyzes security efforts across Riot and for our players. You report to Riot's Director of Security. Thinking critically about security threats and developing tools (e.g. automating security processes) is necessary to ensure the safety of Riot's platforms and the players using them. As a mentor and a coach for your team, you will oversee performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability for a group of security and software engineers. You will also build relationships with engineering groups across Riot to ensure your team understands the security needs and is protecting thousands of Rioters and our millions of players.
- Lead projects that contribute to Information Security’s long-term goals
- Lead a technical team in the following areas: Incident Response, Engineering or Forensics.
- Maintain and nurture security intelligence connections and using this information to protect Riot and our Players.
- Evaluate and investigate security events
- Improve security strategies for complex systems, identifying security vulnerabilities
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle
- Mentor engineers and help level-up their understanding of Information Security
- Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their security needs
- Hire high-quality engineers and continue to attract top talent to Riot's Information Security team
- Champion Security projects to senior management, product leads and engineers.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer or Private Clouds
- Experience working with forensics (networking, memory, disk)
- Experience working with logging & data analysis infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc)
- Experience working with System Automation
- Experience reverse engineering, debugging, and analysis skills
- Experience working with networking and application systems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).