(Closed) Revenue Accountant
Accountants, Analysts, and Advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners across EMEA are optimized for strength, speed, and knowledge -- financial and otherwise. We aim to break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities.
We have a 24 month contract for a Revenue Accountant, to join a team here in Riot Games. You will report into the Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Work directly with Revenue Manager and Senior Revenue Accountant to establish best practices for accounting of all revenues relating to our operations across our regions (Europe/Brazil/Russia/Turkey/Oceania).
- Take ownership of data in relation to a suite of Payment Service Providers (PSPs) to track monies owed, related invoicing, aging of debt, settlement of debt and reconciliation of offline Excel summaries to our Oracle GL postings.
- Learn and implement our revenue recognition principles in line with IFRS15, incorporating extensive revenue modelling and differing treatment for revenues derived from each of our games.
- Develop processes in relation to tertiary revenues (broadcasting, sponsorship, etc.) to ensure efficient and accurate accounting of same as these revenue streams increase over time.
- Preparation of VAT calculations in line with local requirements on a country-by-county basis.
- Reporting to management in both local and central teams to provide visibility on high level revenue information.
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
- ACA/ACCA qualified with minimum 3 years of practice experience. Up to 1 year's PQE would be ideal, but not strictly necessary.
- Extensive experience working with large quantities of data in Excel, with use of pivot tables, charts and vlookups a prerequisite.
- Experience using Oracle would be ideal; general exposure to and familiarity with the reporting generated from same is essential.
- Ability to balance a workload which includes large recurring tasks as well as smaller variable tasks, while retaining capacity for project work as and when it arises.
- Clear and efficient communication skills are essential.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!