(Closed) Quality Assurance Engineer II
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will run the QA process for your team that makes features on Riot's products. You will work with your team of software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policies to do the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set your team up for success. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed.
Working with the Digital Experiences team, you will provide guidance for QA Analysts and contractors. You will lead the product test strategy for our websites, content hubs and digital experiences by creating test plans and facilitating execution and prioritization within an agile development framework. You will be the expert on these products, in charge of communicating risks, defects and coverage reports to development teams. Additionally, as the Quality Owner for their team, you will provide QA approval on product release readiness.
- Map your team's work to quality targets based on product goals, while driving visibility on progress.
- Hold follow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in decision-making.
- Conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle.
- Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
- Help call out risks, impact, probability, and help plan mitigation.
- Communicate progress of assigned tasks, and blockers to you and your team's work.
- You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player.
- You understand what it takes to grow quality for a team, project or other multi-discipline effort.
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement.
- Test Strategy, Planning, and Design.
- Experience working with embedded with developers and content creators.
- Experience tasking remote testers daily, and providing feedback on effectiveness.
- 3+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with success leading testing efforts on a team.
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.