(Closed) Product Manager, Payments - Live Services
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Product Managers at Riot Games help lead the vision of each individual product across the finish line, and assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs.
As a Product Manager of Payments in Live Services, you'll join a multi-discipline team focused on delivering convenient and secure checkout experiences to players. You willtranslate global e-commerce needs for B2B and B2C into plans and development roadmaps. By inspiring teams to collaborate, you'll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players' hands. guide the product life cycle from start to finish and understand the intricate nuances of what the audience needs from the products we develop. There is no set path to shipping a product, no fixed process to follow, so Product Managers adjust to changing situational demands.
The Payments team within the Live Services Initiative builds the player-and vendor-facing checkout software that are provided to games at Riot. As part of the Payments Team, you will be an essential member of a multi-functional team that is building and enhancing the common global checkout experience, which Riot will use for all current and future games.
- Lead the project of building out a (mobile) purchasing web application from a concept all the way to execution
- Manage relationships with online and offline business-to-business (b2b) partners.
- Evaluate current and potential partners, expand business relationships and renegotiate existing deals
- Uncover potential opportunities with payments and retail gift cards. Forecast sales and associated costs of global pin business; measure the performance and effectiveness of b2b programs
- Understand demand from Finance, decide and align user stories, build feature roadmaps and specify tasks necessary for financial reconciliation.
- Understand global b2b business demands and break them down into requirements for Riot’s b2b pin tool. Work with a team of engineers to continuously enhance the product.
- Collaborate with game teams, Publishing, PR, Finance, Community and Development as well as international e-commerce managers and partners. Work with customers and partners to promote understanding and communicate product updates.
- Promote solutions set across development teams through market requirements, product specifications, and positioning.
- Inform and build product specifications and features roadmaps. Identify essential issues while pulling together strike forces to overcome barriers and ship features.
- Analyze potential partner relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of professional experience.
- At least 3 years of Industry experience in Payments or a related field
- Collaborates well with others and indexes towards actions and results
- Effectively manage resources to maximize efficiency.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on customer success
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the knowledge to think creatively and identify new ways to brainstorm
- Self-aware with ability to adapt to various situations
- Structure and manage complex cross-company projects and processes with multiple partners
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness stipend for fitness classes, massages, and membership at local gyms
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.