(Closed) Product Manager - League of Legends, Growth
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
In our Product Management Discipline at Riot, we are responsible for leading hardworking cross-functional teams through building creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. We inspire teams to collaborate, we drive development, and we smash through obstacles in order to drive projects and new experiences into players’ hands. We aim to meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As the Product Manager for the Growth team, you will focus on the early player lifecycle carry the torch for efforts to acquire and reactivate players. You'll be responsible for ideating, building, running, and analyzing programs that present League of Legends in resonant ways to grow and retain the games’ audience. You likely have years of experience with leading software product teams, identifying impactful player-centric features, and driving business goals, coupled with strong analytical and creative thinking. Through leading this cross-functional team (Product Growth, Engineering, UX/UI Design, QA) you will conceive of and deliver amazing new player-focused products and features that also deliver on metrics-driven goals around player retention and acquisition.
- You will plan and lead the product strategy and roadmap for new player features - including working with internal partners and development teams to prioritize the backlog based on game development initiatives, ongoing data analysis
- You will define, design, and lead key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product including improving acquisition and retention
- You will lead analytical and quantitative analysis to predict important metric-based performance of features and monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features to impact critical metrics
- You will develop a deep global understanding of our players to partner with product teams and regional publishing teams, and develop campaigns that will win hearts and minds all over the world
- You will mentor more junior Product Managers on the team on standard methodologies in development, analysis, and research
- You will partner with the Insights (Research & Analytics) team to ask for and bring to bear existing research, internal data, and market analysis to support your recommendations
- Combine player focused brand strategies with data informed tactics to drive performance across key regional metrics
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in the game industry with shown success utilizing data informed approaches to develop impactful player-focused products.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with cross-functional teams, guiding multi-disciplines to achieve a core goal.
- Tech-savvy background with strength in utilizing data analysis tools and methodology (SQL, excel modeling, Google Analytics, etc)
- You understand die-hard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players; you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about crafting seamless, player-worthy experiences.