Producer for Film & TV
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, live action tv series, interactive narratives, location-based entertainment, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As Producer for Film & TV, reporting directly to the Head of Riot China IP & Pan Entertainment, you will have a key role in shaping Riot’s entertainment experiences by working with a team of talented professionals, each well-versed in their respective crafts, to shepherd creative processes from idea through delivery. You will provide creative guidance to make entertainment products with local resonance and global appeal. You will work with a broad group of partners within both Riot China, and various teams at Riot Headquarter.
- Lead and oversee the development & production process of Riot China IP & Pan Entertainment products, with a focus on animated and live action films & TV, etc. Define and develop short term to long term product strategy and roadmap by working closely with the Head of Riot China IP;
- Manage creative vision, create and obtain greenlight approval related plans including treatment/ script, budget, schedule, production partners and list of assumptions;
- Build strong and strategic relationships & network with local creative communities (talents, industry leaders, etc.), identify and set up projects with key crew such as director, writer, art director, storyboard artist as well as production house;
- Oversee the production and post-production, ensuring content delivery on time on budget with efficiency and high impact;
- Manage relationships with our regional and global distributors and marketers, select partners for halo projects and make the deal;
- Lead the go the market strategy mapping and guide internal and external partners to bring content to not only hardcore fans but also pan-entertainment audiece;
- Seek for integrated project opportunity with Game and Esports business units and enhance project synergy within the ecosystem;
- Responsible for managing and coaching junior producers, empower young professionals and lead the team to dream big and execute with excellence.
- 8+ years of experience in Entertainment industry (leading film, tv, animation studios, or platforms) in a creative/development/production capacity
- 3+ years of managing high performing teams in a creative environment
- Proven track record of producing entertainment products that are large in scale and well recognized both by industry, peers and by consumers
- Strong network in local and global entertainment markets
- Bilingual, familiar with both Western and Eastern culture
- Passionate about gaming and entertainment! Understand not also entertainment know-how but also game & esports culture. League fans are preferred!