Principle Software Engineer (Initiative Tech Lead) - Wild Rift, Core Tech
Riot software engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, but we also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains.
As a Principal Software Engineer (Initiative Tech Lead) for the League of Legends: Wild Rift, Core Tech you will report to the CoreTech Engineering Manager. Our Engineers are player-focused, and aim to find solutions that make players excited to experience our game. We collaborate across all disciplines including Art, Audio, and Game Design. You will work with our primary development partners across multiple locations to help build a globally scalable, highly available, secure, cross-platform game as a service.
Principal Engineers, at Riot, are often called on to help with the hardest problems on a project by using their expertise to find creative solutions and being hands-on writing code. You will require extensive knowledge of mobile game engine development with a focus on systems, architecture, and performance.
- Set, Lead, and contribute to technical vision and direction, using your expertise to guide tough technical decisions
- Build expertise of WildRift client and server codebase
- Work with a globally distributed team to improve WildRift performance optimization efforts across multiple platforms
- Collaboration across disciplines and other teams of engineers
- Mentor and coach to lift the expertise of the engineering team
- Promote adherence to engineering excellence including: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with deep practical knowledge in mobile game engine and systems development
- Expertise in building and supporting games-as-a-service
- Expertise in multi-platform Game Engine development, performance, and optimization
- Expertise in game systems and architecture
- Experience shipping multiple platforms games
- Experience as a lead and individual contributor on large-scale game development with Unity
- Expertise in C++/C#/Java client and server development
- Experience shipping on multiple platforms (mobile, or cross-platform console games (XBox, PS, Switch, or mobile)
- Experience working with globally dispersed engineering teams
- Expertise in Unity game development
- Mandarin language fluency
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).