Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own security risk profile and complex challenges.
At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help achieve value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
Our Rioter Security team’s mission is to provide secure network and identity platforms for Rioters from which to build outstanding experiences for our players. Their mission is to track and modify our defensive posture over time as new threats emerge. Their ability to work with Rioters and third parties to provide security guidance for complex workflows is critical to their success. From collaborating with other Security teams to working with multiple teams across the spectrum of Riot, everything we do is an effort to protect Rioters.
In your role as a Principal for Rioter Security you will be tasked with leading and developing both the Identity and roadmap in collaboration with Senior leadership. You will be working with multiple engineering teams to highlight and deliver improvements around access control, governance, and auditing capabilities.
- Work directly with customer teams to identify problematic process or systems within Riots internal identity structure
- Lead, mentor, and develop engineers who are part of Rioter Security
- Collaborate with leaders to develop Identity focused roadmaps
- Foster a highly empathetic, growth oriented, and safe environment to level-up our Security Engineering teams
- Evolve a complex, low latency, and policy based access management stack
- Recruit top class talent to further scale the Identity function of Rioter Security
- Establish guardrails and auditing capabilities around the Identity pipeline
- Developing and tracking metrics to ensure Riot’s goals and the team's goals are met and constantly improved upon.
- 8+ years of experience in a technical security role
- Experience working with Identity providers, access governance, and directory services
- A working history of developing engineers in both technical and non-technical disciplines
- Experience with role and/or policy based access control systems
- Familiarity with software development
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, SoftLayer, or Private Clouds
- Experience working with IDP’s such as Onelogin, Okta, and Microsoft Azure
- Practical experience with Python, Go, or Powershell
- Established in developing Identity governance and auditing capabilities
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.