Riot Games cares deeply about craft. The Production Department exists to support and advocate for everyone who does the important work of production through our organization. The Production Department is the holder and protector of high standards. We continuously learn, review and improve to be experts in our craft to meet the needs of and to delight our audience. Riot is where producers come to create, to innovate and to make the most player-focused experiences in the world. Our Mission is to make it possible for every Rioter in Production to lead and execute experiences successfully in a way that raises standards at Riot and in the industry.
As a Principal Program Manager in the Production Department, you are part of the Production Operations team and you will report directly to the Head of Production. You will lead and coordinate across multiple teams at Riot to execute programs that will build the foundation of the Production Department. You will work on setting up the entire Production Job Family infrastructure for all of production at Riot Games. You will work closely with our people team, the Head of Production and all production leaders across Riot to set the strong foundation required for Riot to scale and to support Rioters.
- Leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary, sometimes unrelated stakeholder groups to achieve success of a product, program or project. You can coordinate cross-discipline, cross-initiative, cross-pillar.
- Understanding outcomes and roadmaps and Strategizing, implementing, and maintaining initiatives that produce desired outcomes.
- Leading and managing multiple related, yet distinct projects in order to achieve one or more long-term strategic goals.
- Leading through influence of a population of stakeholders with varying goals, interests and opinions to reach designs.
- Tracking project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes. Managing budget and funding choices to maximize benefit.
- Highlighting and mitigating potential risks, identifying and aligning cross-project or cross-program dependencies, and providing visibility into progress to key stakeholders.
- Tracking the progress and success for the purpose of reporting, iterating, learning.
- 8+ years in a production role: producer, product manager, program manager
- 3+ years in a management role that gave you deep familiarity with management and HR.
- Exceptional leadership and influence skills
- Exception communication and collaboration skills
- Outstanding understanding and application of change management principles that produce actual, successful change.
- Working knowledge of game development and/or internal product or program development.
- You’ve shipped AAA games. Alternatively, you’ve shipped internal products and programs.
- Passionate about people, their growth paths, their challenges and their successes.
- Excited to build and create.
- Strangely attracted to big, ambitious goals that require focus, persistence and a lot of heart.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.