Principal Insights Analyst - League of Legends
As a Principal Insights Analyst for League of Legends PC, you will use data and competitive intelligence to inform the strategic direction of League and Teamfight Tactics. You will directly support the League of Legends PC leadership team in breaking down the health of the game and the business, and investigating and advising on problem and opportunity spaces that League of Legends PC should focus on. You will work with other Strategic Advisory members embedded on League on projects, guiding their work and mentoring them on analytics craft. You will report directly to the Director of Strategic Advisory on League of Legends PC.
- Partner with League of Legends PC leadership to improve the holistic player experience and business health of the game
- Identify and investigate important problem or opportunity spaces for League, and create recommendations and strategies for whether and how to pursue these
- Analyze business measures and drivers in collaboration with League's Strategic Advisory teams, and present findings and takeaways to leadership
- Collaborate heavily with producers to understand the product context and guide changes on the ground
- Be an expert for League of Legends PC Strategic Advisory work and analytics craft, mentoring Strategic Advisory members and guiding projects
- 7+ years experience in data analytics, strategy, management consulting, or related fields
- 5+ years experience analyzing large datasets and visualizing complex information
- 2+ years working on games, making or helping others make decisions
- Experience leading multi-person efforts
- Experience driving on efforts from end-to-end, including identification and pitching, through to action and change
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions or maintain complex spreadsheets) and SQL/Python
- Experience working in game analytics, including areas around gameplay, monetization, and progression systems
- Experience mentoring individuals in their craft or discipline, and growing them into seniority
- Advanced proficiency in Tableau
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).