The Strategic Advisory Department helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed. Do you embody player empathy and care deeply about the experiences of your audience (our players)? If so, this could be the role for you.
In the Playtest Operations role on the Central Playtest Infrastructure Team , you’ll be tasked with supporting US-based researchers by helping to coordinate and moderate labs in Shanghai, ensuring that players have a voice in our products. This role would be an excellent fit for someone interested in growing both user research and playtest operations skills while serving the Strategic Advisory Department in a meaningful and practical way. You will interact directly with players by recruiting, screening, scheduling, and paying honorariums. In the lab, you will help by checking players in, setting up and configuring playtest devices, and operating the recording equipment. You will work with user researchers by helping to moderate focus groups, assembling notes and summaries of key findings, translating, and contributing to reports. You will be responsible for identifying and developing processes that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of user research operations in our Shanghai office. By working directly with playtesters, marketers, and researchers, you will help ensure that Riot can listen to and serve players around the world.
- Represent Playtest Operations in the Shanghai office, establish lab processes and procedures for labs, and conduct successful playtests for current games and R&D projects while working closely with US-based researchers
- Recruit and screen participants via email, phone, or vendor relationships for playtests occurring in the Shanghai lab
- Coordinate and prioritize lab schedules with other CPI team members and researchers to maximize Shanghai lab utilization across product and game teams
- Operate and troubleshoot playtest lab equipment (PCs, mobile devices, recording equipment, VPN, streaming) to ensure data is collected efficiently and effectively
- Moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for authentic, actionable feedback
- Translate all lab materials (pre-lab communications, in-lab instructions, post-lab results) and act as an interpreter during lab to accommodate researcher interaction with participants
- 3+ years of project management or project coordination experience
- 2+ years of experience with computer lab or complex audio/video setups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable leading user discussions or moderating focus groups
- Fluent in English and Mandarin with a strong ability to translate/interpret
- Experience with survey sampling and other quantitative market research or social science techniques
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM platform and working with HTML email templates
- Experience with IT support or help desk troubleshooting
- Experience with audio and video editing
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).