Narrative Writer III - League of Legends, Personalization
As Narrative Writers at Riot, we work in an interdisciplinary environment with designers, artists, and engineers to bring our ideas to life. We use our creative skills to collaboratively build new environments and characters that resonate with players and enhance their gameplay experience.
As a Narrative Writer III on League of Legends, you will report into League of Legends’ Narrative Lead for the Personalization team. Projects include Champion development, Skins, and seasonal updates and events. You will work closely with the Narrative Lead, Product Leads, Art, Design, Audio, and Localization to create globally-appealing, cohesive characters and content that inspires your team and delights players. You will also collaborate across Riot to uphold a standard of narrative excellence and a strong comprehension of product goals and player experience.
- Write for League of Legends products in collaboration with the Product Owner and Narrative Lead
- Partner with concept artists and designers in creating authentic interpretations of iconic champions within the League of Legends IP
- Support other writers by sharing best practices, elevating Narrative quality on League, and contributing as a community member
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience delivering quality work across a variety of creative disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience mentoring others
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and Skins universes
- Experience working with external partners and giving and taking feedback
- Experience developing characters and narratives for games, especially backstories and VO
- BA in English, History, Narrative Design, or other narrative fields (or equivalent experience)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and prioritizing the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.