Marketing Communications III - Esports
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Marketing Communications III - Esports for Latin America, you will lead the Publishing discipline and guide all strategic efforts to grow awareness and engage with fans in Latin America to grow multiple thriving competitive ecosystems. Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, brand management skills, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you establish new Publishing standards in semi-pro and professional levels. To create holistic experiences for players, fans, esports organizations and our commercial partners, you will work with different stakeholders from our local teams of Product, Production, Broadcast, Business Development and League management and with the Global Esports teams in Los Angeles.
You will report to the Head of Esports LatAm to align your brand and publishing strategy with our overall esports strategy for the whole region. You will be based in Mexico City and join a dedicated team of Rioters who are working on esports projects across multiple games: League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and our upcoming releases, such as League of Legends: Wild Rift. You will be committed to ensuring that Riot is the most player-focused game company in the world.
- Lead Publishing efforts for all Esports scenes in Latin America, including brand and communications strategies
- Oversee delivery of all Publishing campaigns for our Esports Products
- Lead the analysis of impact of each campaign and have a proper framework to adjust for the future.
- Work with versatile marketing teams including creatives, communications, and delivery professionals
- All around Sports Fan
- 7+ years of experience in publishing or marketing experience delivering successful campaigns to customers
- History shaping resonant campaigns for mass consumer products and entertainment audiences in multiple mediums
- Experience with feedback and collaboration with in-house strategists, creatives, and external agencies/partners
- Experience partnering with experts to gather project insights or research and can interpret complex information into marketing insights. Experience with common marketing analytics platforms or tools
- A longtime fan of Esports with deep knowledge of both the LatAm scene and other scenes around the world.
- MBA with a focus on Marketing , Digital Marketing, Entertainment, or similar
- Knowledge shaping resonant campaigns for gaming and entertainment audiences in a variety of mediums
- Experience with multi-product, global campaigns both digital and OOH