Manager, VFX - VALORANT
As an Art Lead at Riot you will help hire, coach a group of cross discipline artists who bring visuals to life. You will communicate the difficult challenges artists face and set up the best environment for your team to handle those challenges. By understanding the goals and needs of each artist, you will help establish a clear path for everyone to achieve their goals. You will identify strategic art resource needs and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. By being part of the leadership team, you will develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders across the studio.
As the Manager for VFX Art on the VALORANT team, you will report to the Senior Manager of Concept Art. You'll have the chance to work on a newly released live service game. You'll manage a cross discipline team of artists, set art goals, and lead the execution strategy. On top of honing in on VFX, you'll also work with and in other art disciplines. And to bring the game's new world to life, you will work with designers, writers, audio designers, engineers, and producers.
- Create benchmark visual effects
- Work closely with design to ensure VFX effects and art support the game experience
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity to ensure amazing worlds and characters
- Partner with production to develop high-level execution plans
- Push the VFX art quality bar to balance player experience
- Set a clear vision for VFX, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- Manage and provide feedback to outsourcing partners and external artists who support the internal team
- Hire and manage a small team of cross-discipline artists
- 6+ years of professional experience in artist roles
- Ability to create and showcase high quality visual effects
- Professional experience shipping 1 PC, console, or AAA game title
- Professional experience working in mobile game development
- Ability to create a wide range of game assets
- Professional experience as an Art Lead or Art Director
- Professional experience shipping new/original IP
- Professional experience working on a project from inception through completion
- Professional experience working in Maya/Unreal engines
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).